Artist Open Portfolio
Mokuhanga & Nara
Application timeline for Artist Open Portfolio, including deadline and notification dates, to be announced February 1, 2020.
- November 21, Saturday, 14:00 – 16:00
- Conference registration. See IMC Nara 2020 registration for details.
- Gallery, Nara Kasugano International Forum IRAKA, 101 Kasuganocho, Nara 630-8212, Nara Prefecture.
The Open Portfolio Exhibition offers artists a chance to display their artworks on tabletops and introduce them to conference participants and the public. This also includes the opportunity to display products such as mokuhanga-related DVDs and books. All conference participants are invited, but please note that the number of tables is limited. Tables will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
- To participate submit an Application Form along with the Conference Registration fee.
- Participants must bring portfolio artwork in person. The Conference office cannot accept work delivered by post or courier.
- Only artworks related to the concepts or techniques of Japanese water-based woodblock, mokuhanga, may be submitted for exhibition.
- Participants must not leave their seats during the exhibition. If an absence is unavoidable, artists must arrange for a substitute. Conference staff are not available to assist watching tables.
- Participants cannot sell work at the venue or display pricing of artworks. However, if a potential buyer appears, participants can negotiate prices and delivery methods privately at their own discretion and risk. The International Mokuhanga Association can assume no responsibility.
- INSURANCE: The International Mokuhanga Association can assume no responsibility for loss or damage to any submitted work for any reason, before, during, or after the exhibition. Insurance protection is the responsibility of each artist.