Mokuhanga & Nara
RESULTS OF PAPER PROPOSALS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED. ALL PAPERS WILL NOW BE DELIVERED AT IMC2021, RATHER THAN IMC2020.
Deadline for submission of the full paper is 31 March, 2021.
Note: Once a submission has been accepted, presenters will be required to pay the conference fee and register in order to present their paper or illustrated talk at the conference.
Checklist for Paper / Illustrated Talk Proposals:
- Papers/Talks* should connect to one of the listed topics suggested by the umbrella theme Sumi-Fusion, and its sub-themes Histories, Aesthetics, Intersections, and Futures. For full details, see Nara2020 Theme.
- A proposal for a paper/illustrated talk in English or Japanese, limited to 3000 characters (300 words).
- Up to five images (if relevant) in support of your proposal.
- Applicant’s biography limited to 1000 characters (100 words).
- Applicant’s passport-size portrait, approximately 1MB jpeg
- The oral presentation of a paper/illustrated talk will be limited to a maximum of 20 minutes. Extensions will not be allowed.
- The full paper/talk must be within 2000 words and must be submitted by September 18, 2020.
- Non-compliance with the conference guidelines will result in rejection of the proposal/paper/illustrated talk.
- All paper submissions will be reviewed by a selection committee of independent reviewers.
* An illustrated talk can be about an artist’s work as long as it addresses how their practise links to one of the suggested conference themes, or adds to the field of mokuhanga today. An academic paper should also address one of the suggested themes, and may include reference to (rather than be mainly about) an artist’s own work, discussing it within the broader framework of mokuhanga and contemporary art.
Submit Your Proposal Here
Before submitting a proposal please review the checklist above, then fill in the form carefully. Please click SUBMIT HERE to access the online form. Note:
- to fill in the form, you need to sign in with gmail
- the form cannot be edited after submitting
- applicants may only submit once
- if you do not have a gmail account or have any trouble with the submission, please contact:
Presentation of Papers
- Thursday, December 2, 2021, 14:00 – 17:00
- Friday, December 3, 2021, 09:00 – 12:00, 14:00 – 17:00
- Saturday, December 4, 2020, 09:00 – 12:00, 14:00 – 17:00
- Sunday, December 5, 09:00 – 12:00
- Room 1.2 Nara Kasugano International Forum IRAKA, 101 Kasuganocho, Nara 630-8212, Nara Prefecture. Tel: 0742 27 2630.